We Respect Your Right to Privacy
We want you to fully understand what information we collect from you and what we do with it. We do not disclose your information to anyone without your prior consent. We do not sell your information. We never spam you.
What personal details do you need to know?
The minimum of information we ask for Birthday Alarm is your name, email address and date of birth. You may update this information at any time by clicking on the 'My Account' tab, followed by the 'My Profile' option.
When is my information given out?
Your name, birthday (optionally including year of birth) and email address is made available to other members approved by you.
Does Birthday Alarm sell my information to third parties?
We do not sell or lend any of your personal information to third parties without your prior consent except under the narrow guidelines stated in this Policy (for example disclosure to service providers working for us).
What do you use my personal details for?
- Security. We will use your name so that we can personalize your experience with us. We will use your email address to contact you if needed and to securely confirm your identity.
- Improving our Site. We also collect your IP address and browser (aggregated with our other users). We use this information to improve our site and better understand and serve our users.
- Using Service Providers. We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations that we provide to you (e.g., search technology, email support) and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers who are obliged to keep your information confidential.
- Non-Personal, Aggregated Information. We disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated (gather up data across all member accounts) information to advertisers and other third parties. An example of non-personally identifiable information would be 'the number of members aged 20-30'.
- Law Enforcement. Birthday Alarm cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and the Birthday Alarm service. Therefore, in response to a genuine request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can disclose personal information about you.
- Unintended Access. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
- Acquisition. In event of a merger or acquisition, your personal information may be transferred to the acquiring entity, and become subject to the acquirer's data practices.
Will I be added to any mailing lists?
Do you send unsolicited emails?
Birthday Alarm will not send any unsolicited information, including email. You will, however receive emails which form an essential part of the service.
Cookies are a standard internet technology, and many major web sites use them to provide useful features for their members. Cookies allow us to store and retrieve login information on a user's system. They provide us with data that we can use to improve our service to you. If you so choose, you can save your login or password so you don't have to re-enter them each time you visit our site.
How will I be notified of changes?
How do I cancel my membership?
You always have the option not to become a member or to cancel your membership at any time.
If you are a member and no longer wish to participate in Birthday Alarm you can sign in to the site and click on the 'My Profile' at the top of the page; then select 'cancel membership' and follow the simple instructions.
This action will cancel your membership and delete your details from the system. You will be assured that, Birthday Alarm will not contact you directly at the email address we have on record for you, other than to respond to requests you may make to Birthday Alarm in the future.
How do I contact you?
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website or your dealings with this website, you can contact us via the Contact Us page, or by writing to:Customer Support
Birthday Alarm, Inc.
387 Tehama Street
San Francisco, CA 94103